People of developing countries and emerging nations seek for knowledge concerning Japan Brand, and the principles and the methodologies of quality control and production improvement for manufacturing (Monozukuri) which have been systematized in the long history of Japan. JICA has also promoted vitalization of private enterprises and local businesses through human resource development in the industries and upgrading the industrial technologies. To develop supporting industries and enhance the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises are some of the most crucial development issues at emerging nations and developing countries and it is also anticipated that they would contribute to expanding businesses in their nations where Japanese companies, especially manufacturing industries, move into.
In order to improve the productivity of manufacturing companies, this training course aims to develop human resources responsible for dissemination of quality control, productivity improvement and facility maintenance management that are accustomed in Japan.
This program is offered to 1) Skill dissemination officers of manufacturing industrial association and 2) Governmental officials in charge of promotion of manufacturing.
With a view to realizing productivity improvement, it is important to have not only specific manufacturing skills but also a holistic production system by effectively coordinating respective technologies. A manufacturing industry’s strength can be measured by the prices, the qualities and the delivery time of their products. The business organizations’ activities are to improve the abovementioned indices which lead to the reinforcement of their competitiveness. The participants will learn quality control, productivity improvement
measures, stable operation policies and facility maintenance management from lectures from online training, practices and virtual site observations at several companies from Japan.
In online training, participants and instructors connect in real time to give lectures and discussions, and mainly learn the basics and theory parts. In addition, homework (submission of assignments) and short test will improve your understanding.
Elegible / Target Organization
This program is designed for:
1) Skill dissemination officers of manufacturing industrial association
2) Governmental officials in charge of promotion of manufacturing in the manufacturing sector
* 1) and 2) must have more than five years of experience in the above mentioned fields
* Counterparts or persons involved in JICA projects or working with JICA Senior Volunteers and/or Advisors who sastify the required qualifactions are encouraged to apply
Applying Organizations are expected to select nominees who meet the following qualifications.
(1) Essential Qualifications
1) Current Duties:
- Officers of chambers of commerce, private enterprises federations and business unions for SMEs
- Officials of local governments and public institutions that support SMEs and local industry development in the manufacturing sector
* Candidates must provide information about the status of SME s and local industry promotion in their regional area s using the Job Report form (Annex 2)
* Counterparts or persons involved in JICA projects or working with JICA Senior Volunteers and/or Advisors who satisfy the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
2) Experience in the relevant field: have more than 5 years’ work experience in the field of local industry promotion
3) Educational background : be a university graduate or have the equivalent academic background
4) Language: have a competent command of spoken and written English which is equal to TOEFL i BT 100 or more (This workshop includes active participation in discussions, which requires high competence of English ability .
Please attach an official certificate for English ability such as TOEFL, TOEIC etc .., if possible
5) Health: Must be in good health to participat e in the program.
6) Online training implementation requirements:
- Stable network environment
- Install Zoom https://zoom.us/download
- To be able to attend a Zoom Meeting every day at a designated time.To be able to attend a Zoom Meeting every day at a designated time.
- PC with camera PC with camera and earphone with microphoneand earphone with microphone
(2) Recommendable Qualifications
1)Experience in giving on-site training in the manufacturing industrysite training in the manufacturing industry
2) Age: between the ages of of thirty (30) and fifty (50) years
3) Gender Equality and Women‘s Empowerment: Women are encouraged to to apply for the program. JICA makes a commitment to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment, providing equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
The course has no cost for the awarded
Los postulantes deberán previamente registrarse en nuestro portal: https://portaldebecas.auci.gub.uy/auci_prod/servlet/com.portal.loginportal
Online Training Environment Check
After issuing a notice of acceptance , we will contact participants to confirm the ZOOM environment, r equired equipment status and training location
Conditions for Attendance
(1) To strictly adhere to the program schedule
(2) Not to change the program topics
1. Report and Presentation
(1) Job Report & Issue Analysis Sheet (IAS)
Each applicant is required to submit his/her own Job Report & Issue Analysis Sheet following the instruction. Participants will have a presentation of his/her Job Report & Issue Analysis Sheet up to 10 minutes at the earlier stage of the training program in
order to share knowledge and background with other participants as well as instructors. Visual materials such as Power Point and pictures may be helpful for your presentation
(2) Action Plan
Participants are required to make an Action Plan at the end of the training to express your idea and plan which you carry out after the training is over, reflecting the knowledge and method you acquire in the training. Each person will have 10 minutes for presentation.
Also, participants are required to complete IAS by the end of the training and present it at the Action Plan Presentation
JICA training is implemented for the purpose of development of human resources who will promote the advancement of the countries, but not for the enrichment of individuals or private companie s. Matters of a trade secret and patent techniques will remain confidential and inaccessible during the training program
INFORMACIÓN IMPORTANTE SOBRE EL APPLICATION FORM DE JICA:
El código de curso que pide el Application Form de JICA es 202107862J001
El application form de JICA debe completarse en inglés y en computadora en su totalidad (salvo la firma)
La parte "Questionary on Relationship with the Military" no debe completarse salvo que sea militar
Al final del formulario debe marcarse el agree
En la página 6 debe colocarse la foto.